Sunday, March 25, 2012

activex script jobs

Can anyone tell me why I get this error when trying to run a job on sql 2005
that is an activex script?
Error creating security descriptor for shared objects (reason: No mapping
between account names and security IDs was done). The
step failed.
I even tried credentials, proxy accounts etc. I might need to have a good
instruction sheet to explain how to properly set this up.
Please give more information about the owner of the job, agent service
account details and also the configuration (like OS/SP/Language/cluster?)
In SQL2005, Activex Script subsystem is executed in separate process context
and not anymore in SQLAgent process context.
This issue you are refering was known one in non-English locale and cluster
config in our Beta releases, but has been addressed in our RTM.
I am assuming you are using RTM version of SQL2005, please confirm. If you
are using pre-RTM version, upgrade to RTM and you should see this addressed
Thanks,
Gops Dwarak
"ECS" <ecs@.netset.com> wrote in message
news:OogfHMT$FHA.1256@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone tell me why I get this error when trying to run a job on sql
2005
> that is an activex script?
> Error creating security descriptor for shared objects (reason: No mapping
> between account names and security IDs was done). The
> step failed.
>
> I even tried credentials, proxy accounts etc. I might need to have a good
> instruction sheet to explain how to properly set this up.
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment