Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX Script Task/Function Not Found

We have a SQL Server 2005 Cluster that we are trying to send email from to notify when certain jobs have completed, failed, etc. We are having a bit of a problem getting the email to work and I believe that the failure is at the SMTP server, not at the SQL level.

That being said, I'm trying to create a simple SSIS package that I can use to test connectivity to the SMTP server with and send email. I've added an ActiveX Script Task that calls a COM object that actually sends the email. I keep getting a "Function not found." error when I try to execute the package, and I have no idea why I'm getting that. It says that the errors were found during validation.

Can anyone help?

Function not found is most likely the result of an invalid reference.

However, we do not recommend using the ActiveX script task - it is only for backwards compat. Better to move to the Script task which uses VB.Net and which enables a much better development and debugging experience.

Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment