Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX print button on SQL RS 2000 formatting to .5"

Is there any way to get the print button to format *automatically * the
margins based on what was written in the RDL?
For some reason it appears to want to be 0.5". I hate to tell the users to
keep changing it or exporting to PDF to get the margins I intended when I set
them from the Report Designer.I am new at RS, but it seems it takes the margins from the printer (and the
default values, in other words, it resets the values after you run it). In
fact, I read in the readme of the RS - SP2 that that is what it does.
I have a question for you (or anybody else that might want to answer): when
I print using the activex print button the report fonts, etc are bigger, for
instance, if I have a line of 6 inches wide it will take all the width of a
letter page (which is 8.5 inches). It is like printing with zoom.
Have you run into that problem?
Thanks for any info... José Araujo.
"David Bienstock" <davidleebspam-sqlrs@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:931F70D0-693C-408B-B082-8D6719F1A6BC@.microsoft.com...
> Is there any way to get the print button to format *automatically * the
> margins based on what was written in the RDL?
> For some reason it appears to want to be 0.5". I hate to tell the users
> to
> keep changing it or exporting to PDF to get the margins I intended when I
> set
> them from the Report Designer.|||My driver for an HP 8150 doesn't appear to have default values, but they
would certainly be closer, as the printer can print to less than .2 inches.
--
"José Araujo" wrote:
> I am new at RS, but it seems it takes the margins from the printer (and the
> default values, in other words, it resets the values after you run it). In
> fact, I read in the readme of the RS - SP2 that that is what it does.
> I have a question for you (or anybody else that might want to answer): when
> I print using the activex print button the report fonts, etc are bigger, for
> instance, if I have a line of 6 inches wide it will take all the width of a
> letter page (which is 8.5 inches). It is like printing with zoom.
> Have you run into that problem?
> Thanks for any info... José Araujo.
>
> "David Bienstock" <davidleebspam-sqlrs@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:931F70D0-693C-408B-B082-8D6719F1A6BC@.microsoft.com...
> > Is there any way to get the print button to format *automatically * the
> > margins based on what was written in the RDL?
> >
> > For some reason it appears to want to be 0.5". I hate to tell the users
> > to
> > keep changing it or exporting to PDF to get the margins I intended when I
> > set
> > them from the Report Designer.
>
>|||Well u can use Report Properties->layout->There's The Print setup
"David Bienstock" wrote:
> My driver for an HP 8150 doesn't appear to have default values, but they
> would certainly be closer, as the printer can print to less than .2 inches.
> --
> "José Araujo" wrote:
> > I am new at RS, but it seems it takes the margins from the printer (and the
> > default values, in other words, it resets the values after you run it). In
> > fact, I read in the readme of the RS - SP2 that that is what it does.
> >
> > I have a question for you (or anybody else that might want to answer): when
> > I print using the activex print button the report fonts, etc are bigger, for
> > instance, if I have a line of 6 inches wide it will take all the width of a
> > letter page (which is 8.5 inches). It is like printing with zoom.
> >
> > Have you run into that problem?
> >
> > Thanks for any info... José Araujo.
> >
> >
> > "David Bienstock" <davidleebspam-sqlrs@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:931F70D0-693C-408B-B082-8D6719F1A6BC@.microsoft.com...
> > > Is there any way to get the print button to format *automatically * the
> > > margins based on what was written in the RDL?
> > >
> > > For some reason it appears to want to be 0.5". I hate to tell the users
> > > to
> > > keep changing it or exporting to PDF to get the margins I intended when I
> > > set
> > > them from the Report Designer.
> >
> >
> >|||That's the point. I have .25 inches on Left and Right but the ActiveX prints
it to .5" so it always comes out on 2 times the pages.
--
"Everyone knows something you don't know"
"ש×?×?×?" wrote:
> Well u can use Report Properties->layout->There's The Print setup
> "David Bienstock" wrote:
> > My driver for an HP 8150 doesn't appear to have default values, but they
> > would certainly be closer, as the printer can print to less than .2 inches.
> > --
> >
> > "José Araujo" wrote:
> >
> > > I am new at RS, but it seems it takes the margins from the printer (and the
> > > default values, in other words, it resets the values after you run it). In
> > > fact, I read in the readme of the RS - SP2 that that is what it does.
> > >
> > > I have a question for you (or anybody else that might want to answer): when
> > > I print using the activex print button the report fonts, etc are bigger, for
> > > instance, if I have a line of 6 inches wide it will take all the width of a
> > > letter page (which is 8.5 inches). It is like printing with zoom.
> > >
> > > Have you run into that problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any info... José Araujo.
> > >
> > >
> > > "David Bienstock" <davidleebspam-sqlrs@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > news:931F70D0-693C-408B-B082-8D6719F1A6BC@.microsoft.com...
> > > > Is there any way to get the print button to format *automatically * the
> > > > margins based on what was written in the RDL?
> > > >
> > > > For some reason it appears to want to be 0.5". I hate to tell the users
> > > > to
> > > > keep changing it or exporting to PDF to get the margins I intended when I
> > > > set
> > > > them from the Report Designer.
> > >
> > >
> > >

No comments:

Post a Comment