Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX Script Task] Error:

Hi,
I'm trying to reset the below Global varialbe in SSIS - Activex script.

Function Main()
DTSGlobalVariables("GxvFilename").value =null
Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success
End Function

Getting the below Error when executing the package.

[ActiveX Script Task] Error: Retrieving the file name for a component failed with error code 0x060339E4

Please provide me solution for this.

Thanks,

You can read and write global variables from ActiveX Script, but I have to ask why bother when you have the much more powerfull VB.net in the Script Task.

I don't belive null is a valid keyword in VBScript. Nothing is more usual, and use a Set statement. Saying all that I tried and got the same error. Unless anyone can come up with something better I'd say this is a backward compatability issue, and you woudl be better off moving to the Script Task.

|||

Thanks Darren,

The Activex Script is not working as like SQL 2000. We nee to use " " instead of null for resting the global variables.
MS need to give some reasonable error message for this kind of error.

Anyway I made it work in Activex Script iteself.

No comments:

Post a Comment