Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX from SQL?

Hello,
I'm trying to use ActiveX from SQL to save an Excel file. I use the
following code:
Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWb = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Report.xls")
' make some changes here to the file ...
xlWb.Save
Since the file already exist and I am making changes to it, the 'Save'
command will trigger a prompt and I have to answer 'yes' to the Excel
question 'File already exists. Do you want to replace this file?'
Does the Save command or another command accept a parameter so it will
overwrite the file without the prompt?
THANKS!!it does not overwrite the file without the prompt.
Because It occur security web browser.
cheers...
"Dean J Garrett" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use ActiveX from SQL to save an Excel file. I use the
> following code:
> Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWb => xlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Report.xls")
> ' make some changes here to the file ...
> xlWb.Save
> Since the file already exist and I am making changes to it, the 'Save'
> command will trigger a prompt and I have to answer 'yes' to the Excel
> question 'File already exists. Do you want to replace this file?'
> Does the Save command or another command accept a parameter so it will
> overwrite the file without the prompt?
>
> THANKS!!
>
>|||Yes, we understand why it is doing it, but the question is: how can we get
around this problem. We just wanted to automatically over-write the file.
Any clues?
"jongwoo" <jongwoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EFE9CE78-0B81-4A79-8669-F6B6B605F7B1@.microsoft.com...
> it does not overwrite the file without the prompt.
> Because It occur security web browser.
> cheers...
> "Dean J Garrett" wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to use ActiveX from SQL to save an Excel file. I use the
>> following code:
>> Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWb =>> xlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Report.xls")
>> ' make some changes here to the file ...
>> xlWb.Save
>> Since the file already exist and I am making changes to it, the 'Save'
>> command will trigger a prompt and I have to answer 'yes' to the Excel
>> question 'File already exists. Do you want to replace this file?'
>> Does the Save command or another command accept a parameter so it will
>> overwrite the file without the prompt?
>>
>> THANKS!!
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment