Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX in Reporting Services report

Hi there. I've read on the web that Reporting Services report can support
ActiveX controls in the client area of the report (or at least that's what I
interpreted). I'm able to add an in-house developed ActiveX control to the
toolbox in Visual Studio but the control is grayed out and will not allow me
to drag it to the main area of the report. Has anyone successfully created a
VB6 ActiveX control that works in Reporting Services? If so, what do I need
to do to allow the control to be used in the report? Here's what I'm trying
to do: I've got an ActiveX control that shells out and executes an exe on
the client machine (the exe I am shelling out to start is a DDE bridge
application).Close dev studio and reopen it - if you have installed SP1 with it open,
sometimes it will gray it out.
=-Chris
"DSlattery" <DSlattery@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2FD0E033-0709-49A3-B877-2C50FA1780FC@.microsoft.com...
> Hi there. I've read on the web that Reporting Services report can support
> ActiveX controls in the client area of the report (or at least that's what
> I
> interpreted). I'm able to add an in-house developed ActiveX control to
> the
> toolbox in Visual Studio but the control is grayed out and will not allow
> me
> to drag it to the main area of the report. Has anyone successfully
> created a
> VB6 ActiveX control that works in Reporting Services? If so, what do I
> need
> to do to allow the control to be used in the report? Here's what I'm
> trying
> to do: I've got an ActiveX control that shells out and executes an exe on
> the client machine (the exe I am shelling out to start is a DDE bridge
> application).|||Hi Chris. Thanks for responding. I've tried to close and re-open VS but the
control is still disabled. I'm relatively certain I've installed the latest
service pack for Reporting Services.
The version I have is
Microsoft SQL Server Report Designer
Version 8.00.878.00
I've also tried other ActiveX controls with the same results.
"Christopher Conner" wrote:
> Close dev studio and reopen it - if you have installed SP1 with it open,
> sometimes it will gray it out.
> =-Chris
> "DSlattery" <DSlattery@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2FD0E033-0709-49A3-B877-2C50FA1780FC@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi there. I've read on the web that Reporting Services report can support
> > ActiveX controls in the client area of the report (or at least that's what
> > I
> > interpreted). I'm able to add an in-house developed ActiveX control to
> > the
> > toolbox in Visual Studio but the control is grayed out and will not allow
> > me
> > to drag it to the main area of the report. Has anyone successfully
> > created a
> > VB6 ActiveX control that works in Reporting Services? If so, what do I
> > need
> > to do to allow the control to be used in the report? Here's what I'm
> > trying
> > to do: I've got an ActiveX control that shells out and executes an exe on
> > the client machine (the exe I am shelling out to start is a DDE bridge
> > application).
>
>|||Sorry, ActiveX controls in reports are not supported.
--
Albert Yen
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"DSlattery" <DSlattery@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5CF40528-C7E7-453F-81BE-C02B8D85493B@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Chris. Thanks for responding. I've tried to close and re-open VS but
the
> control is still disabled. I'm relatively certain I've installed the
latest
> service pack for Reporting Services.
> The version I have is
> Microsoft SQL Server Report Designer
> Version 8.00.878.00
> I've also tried other ActiveX controls with the same results.
> "Christopher Conner" wrote:
> > Close dev studio and reopen it - if you have installed SP1 with it open,
> > sometimes it will gray it out.
> >
> > =-Chris
> >
> > "DSlattery" <DSlattery@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2FD0E033-0709-49A3-B877-2C50FA1780FC@.microsoft.com...
> > > Hi there. I've read on the web that Reporting Services report can
support
> > > ActiveX controls in the client area of the report (or at least that's
what
> > > I
> > > interpreted). I'm able to add an in-house developed ActiveX control
to
> > > the
> > > toolbox in Visual Studio but the control is grayed out and will not
allow
> > > me
> > > to drag it to the main area of the report. Has anyone successfully
> > > created a
> > > VB6 ActiveX control that works in Reporting Services? If so, what do
I
> > > need
> > > to do to allow the control to be used in the report? Here's what I'm
> > > trying
> > > to do: I've got an ActiveX control that shells out and executes an
exe on
> > > the client machine (the exe I am shelling out to start is a DDE bridge
> > > application).
> >
> >
> >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment