Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX Script Task - SSIS

Within a SQL 2000 DTS Package I have an ActiveX Script that would go within my transform tasks and update the queries by concatenating a "Where" clause with a date from a database table. This way I could keep track of when the last time I updated the table so that I could only bring down the rows since the last run. How can this be done within SSIS? I've been looking and I'm getting confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The most analogous thing to an ActiveX Script in SSIS is the script component but that isn't what you want to use here. Instead, set the SQL statement that pulls data from your source dynamically like so: http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson/archive/2005/12/09/2480.aspx

-Jamie

|||

Jamie,

Thank you for your response. We went ahead and used a data flow with a RecordSet Destination. Then we used a "ForEach" loop to cycle through the RecordSet and run our query based on each value and then stored the data in a raw table.

Thanks again for all your help on this issue and others.

Jerry

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment