Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX Script Task being ran twice?

I currently have a DTS package that contains an ActiveX Script Task. This script creates a report and saves the report in the database (for scalability reasons.) When I execute the step in Enterprise Manager it generates two entries in the database, it should only create one. If I take the script out of the DTS package and run it using CScript.exe it only creates one entry in the database.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Could I have done anything to the package that would cause it to execute the ActiveX Script Task twice?

Thanks for any advice to resolve this issue.

Have a great day,

CraigI figured it out, I was making the following call, "Call Main()" in my script and didn't realize that by default DTS packages call Main().

No comments:

Post a Comment