Sunday, March 25, 2012

ActiveX program control merge replication.

Hi There, i am using msde 2000 sp3 and sql 2000 sp3 as a subscriber
and distributer or publisher.
I created a merge replication programatically so when user click
synchronize it synchronize between msde and server. When i try to run
the program the following message come.
" -2147221504- n[microsoft][odbc sql server driver] [tcp/ip sockets]
sql server does not exist or access denied. [microsoft][odbc sql
server driver] connection open connect().
please give me some information why this problem is coming. I would
like to know what are the dependent file or dll file for merge
replication. i am using merger replicaiton with pull subscriber.
the subscriber can be window 2000, xp etc.
I will be thankful if anyone give me some information for this
problem.
Indra.
From what you describe it sounds like you are having a problem connecting to the publisher from the subscriber, and furthermore it sounds like you are having a name resolution problem.
On your subscriber try to ping the publisher.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Indra" wrote:

> Hi There, i am using msde 2000 sp3 and sql 2000 sp3 as a subscriber
> and distributer or publisher.
> I created a merge replication programatically so when user click
> synchronize it synchronize between msde and server. When i try to run
> the program the following message come.
> " -2147221504- n[microsoft][odbc sql server driver] [tcp/ip sockets]
> sql server does not exist or access denied. [microsoft][odbc sql
> server driver] connection open connect().
> please give me some information why this problem is coming. I would
> like to know what are the dependent file or dll file for merge
> replication. i am using merger replicaiton with pull subscriber.
> the subscriber can be window 2000, xp etc.
> I will be thankful if anyone give me some information for this
> problem.
> Indra.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment