Sunday, March 25, 2012

activex script jobs

Can anyone tell me why I get this error when trying to run a job on sql 2005
that is an activex script?
Error creating security descriptor for shared objects (reason: No mapping
between account names and security IDs was done). The
step failed.
I even tried credentials, proxy accounts etc. I might need to have a good
instruction sheet to explain how to properly set this up.Please give more information about the owner of the job, agent service
account details and also the configuration (like OS/SP/Language/cluster?)
In SQL2005, Activex Script subsystem is executed in separate process context
and not anymore in SQLAgent process context.
This issue you are refering was known one in non-English locale and cluster
config in our Beta releases, but has been addressed in our RTM.
I am assuming you are using RTM version of SQL2005, please confirm. If you
are using pre-RTM version, upgrade to RTM and you should see this addressed
Thanks,
Gops Dwarak
"ECS" <ecs@.netset.com> wrote in message
news:OogfHMT$FHA.1256@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone tell me why I get this error when trying to run a job on sql
2005
> that is an activex script?
> Error creating security descriptor for shared objects (reason: No mapping
> between account names and security IDs was done). The
> step failed.
>
> I even tried credentials, proxy accounts etc. I might need to have a good
> instruction sheet to explain how to properly set this up.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment