Friday, February 24, 2012

Accessing two databases simultaneously

I have Crystal Reports 8.5 installed at my site. Was looking at accessing data from 2 databases(Oracle & SQL Server 2000) simultaneously, i.e creating a report which would simultaneously access these 2 data sources. Can you tell me the possibility of doing this.
Thanks.You can make your report connect to SQL Server only..and retrieve Oracle data from SQL Server as a linked server..
this article can give you an idea about this:
How to Link Different Data Sources Together (http://www.dev-archive.com/Csharp/Csharp/cs_data/searching/article.php/c9953/)|||Hi,

I think we need to use Business Views this future is available in Crystal Reports10.
I don't think by using Crystal Reports 8.5 we can achive this...

No comments:

Post a Comment