Saturday, February 25, 2012

Account for SQL Server services

Hi,
When I install cluster SQL Server in two nodes (active-passive), I used
valid administrator account for all nodes. After install, I changed SQL Agent
service account for replicate database. SA asked me to change the SQL Server
service account to not using currently administrator account under the
domain. If I changed what happy after stop and restart SQL, the cluster will
work or not? I mean the failover or fail back.
Regards!
-Chen
Use Enterprise Manager to change the SQL Server or SQL Agent service account
information. EM is cluster-aware and will make all necessary changes for
you.
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"Chen" <Chen@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:51ED33DF-3880-46AB-879C-E00DE0E0670F@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> When I install cluster SQL Server in two nodes (active-passive), I used
> valid administrator account for all nodes. After install, I changed SQL
> Agent
> service account for replicate database. SA asked me to change the SQL
> Server
> service account to not using currently administrator account under the
> domain. If I changed what happy after stop and restart SQL, the cluster
> will
> work or not? I mean the failover or fail back.
> Regards!
> -Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment