Friday, February 24, 2012

Access-SQL Serv Autonumber

I have an Access database that was upsized. Access F/E, S2k back. I cannot
update tables that I had to create an index for the upsize. All my queries
come back with "cannot insert null" into index field. Access calls it
Autonumber and we never have to do anything else.
I'm gusssing there is a constraint problem ? Where should I start looking.
Its a primary key field, unique, indenty=1. I thought that defined it as
Autonumber.
Help !You need to set the datatype on the SQL Server to Int. Then check the
checkbox that says 'Identity' field in the Manage indexes dialog.
"Stuart" wrote:

> I have an Access database that was upsized. Access F/E, S2k back. I cannot
> update tables that I had to create an index for the upsize. All my queries
> come back with "cannot insert null" into index field. Access calls it
> Autonumber and we never have to do anything else.
> I'm gusssing there is a constraint problem ? Where should I start looking.
> Its a primary key field, unique, indenty=1. I thought that defined it as
> Autonumber.
> Help !

No comments:

Post a Comment