Saturday, February 25, 2012

Account problem when creating a new publication

I've got SQL Server Developer installed on my laptop. I'm trying to get
merge replication to work, but when I try to create a new publisher, when I
select the option to make SQL Server on my laptop its own distributor, I
then get an error msg. saying I've chosen a local system account, and
replication will not work. It then sends me to a publications properties
form to select a new account. I have no other accounts, this is just run
from my laptop. Can some kind soul help me and tell me what I need to do
to get this working?
My end result is to be able to get merge replication set up so I can sync.
with a handheld device using SQL Server 2000 CE.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
The account that SQL Server and the Agent need to run in something other
than a Local account.
"DaveM" <nosebop@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:OFNJHikLFHA.2824@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I've got SQL Server Developer installed on my laptop. I'm trying to get
> merge replication to work, but when I try to create a new publisher, when
I
> select the option to make SQL Server on my laptop its own distributor, I
> then get an error msg. saying I've chosen a local system account, and
> replication will not work. It then sends me to a publications properties
> form to select a new account. I have no other accounts, this is just
run
> from my laptop. Can some kind soul help me and tell me what I need to do
> to get this working?
> My end result is to be able to get merge replication set up so I can sync.
> with a handheld device using SQL Server 2000 CE.
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment