Saturday, February 25, 2012

accidentally populate tables into System databases/master database

Hi,

I accidentally populate tables into System databases/master database. What should I do? Should I delete all the tables I populate in mster database?

Thank you very much!

I would transfer the tables and data to the database where they 'should' be located, and then DELETE the ones in the master database.

|||

To move a table to another disk you have to
-create a secondary file group on an another location (or separate) of physical disk.
-drop the clustered index of the table and re-create it on that file group (Alter Table ... | MOVE TO { partition_scheme_name ( column_name ) | filegroup
| "default"}
- see Books Online).

This procedure can be use on large tables; if the size of your tables is not so big you can copy these tables with import/export wizard to a test db and copy backb in database with that filegroup made default.

|||

Thank you All,

I just deleted all the talbes were accidentally created in System/Master Database in sql server 2005. Sql server seems working fine. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment